Weddings at Living Faith
Basic Information for Weddings at Living Faith Christian Church
Welcome future bride and groom! No doubt, as you begin planning your wedding, this is an exciting time. We are honored that you would consider having your wedding here at Living Faith. We believe that marriage was instituted by God himself. Therefore, it is far more than a ceremony or reception. Ultimately, marriage is a covenant between a man and a woman. Also, we believe it is a sacred vow between the couple and God.
In light of the importance we place on marriage, and our faith position, the Elders of Living Faith Christian Church have approved the following requirements for any wedding to take place in our facility or to be officiated by one of our Pastors or staff.
Living Faith Christian Church Wedding Requirements:
1. Both the Bride and Groom must give evidence that each has accepted Jesus Christ as personal Savior and Lord.
2. Either the bride or the groom must demonstrate they have been actively attending Living Faith Christian Church a minimum of six months before their requested wedding date.
3. The Bride and Groom must meet with a Pastor of Living Faith Christian Church a minimum of six months before their wedding and secure his agreement to conduct the ceremony.
4. The couple must complete premarital counseling that is approved by the officiating pastor. If the couple is referred outside for premarital counseling, they will make arrangements with the counselor for payment. Premarital Counseling must begin a minimum of three months before the wedding. In extreme situations, the pastor has the right to modify the three month minimum.
5. We believe God’s Word teaches the value and dignity of all people. Also, we believe God’s Word defines marriage as a sacred union between a man and woman. While we respect the right of any individual, church, or group to hold a different view, this is our biblical position. Therefore, the Pastors and Elders of Living Faith Christian Church have agreed that our Pastor’s services and/or use of our church facilities for weddings is limited to this faith position.
Please be advised that we strongly recommend flexibility with your wedding date. Due to the growth of our church, it may be impossible for us to accommodate specific dates both in terms of building use and in the availability of one of our Pastors. If you have a firm wedding date already set, there is a high probability our Pastors and/or facility may not be available on that date.
Please make sure you have read and agree with the Living Faith Christian Church Wedding Requirements stated above. Also, please be sure you understand our limitations in staff and building use. If you do, and you would like to further discuss having your wedding at Living Faith, or would like one of our pastors to officiate your ceremony, please complete the form below to take the next step in the process. Once we receive your completed form, one of our staff will be in touch with you shortly to discuss an appointment with a Pastor. Please note that all requests for weddings are subject to the availability of our building and of one of our Pastoral staff. Please print the Pre-marital contract, sign it and bring it with you to your first appointment with a Pastor. Thank you.
Note: Please be advised that alcohol and dancing are not options for you to provide on the premises.